At IMD, we deliver professional services, support communities and enable growth to deliver community benefits and additional social value. We assist our clients to maximise the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of local communities in accordance with The Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, The Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014, and The Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
Through collaboration with our supply chain, IMD is committed to:
Employment and Skills
- Enabling local people to obtain the skills needed to access employment.
- Providing our employees with new skills for the future.
- Creating employment opportunities within the communities that we work.
- Removing barriers to employment in the professional services industry for the underrepresented and disadvantaged groups.
- Offering employment opportunities to those who serve or have served in our armed forces.
- Carrying out volunteering activities that deliver benefits to local communities.
- We are in the process of establishing partnerships to support employment opportunities and environmental regeneration to meet local needs – we will work with our partners to develop key themes in order to deliver additional benefits to the communities in which work.
- Working with education and training providers, industry bodies and charities to offer curriculum support and work experiences opportunities.
- Supporting our people to live healthier lives.
Local Business and Economy
- Providing work opportunities for small, medium, micro-sized businesses, social enterprises and minority owned businesses.
- Procuring goods and services locally where possible.
- Supporting small, medium, micro-sized businesses, social- enterprises and minority owned businesses to improve capability and grow sustainability.
- Using resources efficiently to reduce waste and maximise value.
- Playing our part to reduce air pollution, noise, vibration and nuisance within local communities to improve health.
- Promoting sustainable and ethical procurement.
Governance, Measurement & Reporting
- Maintaining clear accountability for delivering this policy.
- Monitoring and reporting our social value impact by using recognized independent tools.
- Continuously improving our standards, efficiency and effectiveness.